LOOT TEAM 2012

LOOT - Call Me Maybe

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Team Racing at Nationals is Finished

Hi guys!
I'm sorry that I haven't posted on the blog.  I'm hoping that you know that I have been using this time to love all over your kids and take care of them like they're my own.  I'm already feeling sad about leaving them on Thursday.  They are a really special group and I'm so grateful to them for allowing Christian to join them.
Today was the final day of Team Racing, and although they didn't place, they had 3 intense days of racing and learned a lot.  Right now I"m listening to Roberto in the debrief and he is discussing "room at the mark" in great detail.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marji for all the care you've provided, and for persevering on your own, not an easy task! Hope you enjoy a fun day tomorrow with the boys. Best of luck to all the girls. Look forward to hearing the details about how you do, as I'm sure it will be stellar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've told the kids that there is a BIG VOTE at the end of the summer to decide who is the best Chaperone Mom. Whoever wins gets a really, really big prize! If they like what I'm serving for dinner, I'll say, "Don't forget this meal when the Big Vote comes around." And when they don't finish their water I say, "Don't forget, your Mom gets a vote too and if you don't drink your water, I'll be disqualified." Some (Cameron) just stare at me with wide eyes and say, "Really?"
    Today was great day. They got all their testosterone out by racing each other in Go Karts and trying to beat each other at putt-putt golf. Then they all helped me just the laundry into the laundromat and start loads of wash. Then, they went off to the mall. Mikey wasn't able to buy the video game he wanted because it was rated M for mature. Cameron couldn't buy a lighter at Target until he had I.D. aged 16! We all cracked up at that b/c Christian just got done buying a knife from Sears! The boys were all done with shopping and playing by 2:00 pm and elected to just come home and hang out at the house. I said, "NO ELECTRONICS!" They're playing Black Jack in their room and just chillin'.

    ReplyDelete